Spreadsheet Gladiator Challenge
Our winners won $6,000 by building the ultimate sales dashboards in Google SheetsWatch the voting replay
Watch the live discussion covering each of the top 5 dashboards!
Using pre-supplied Salesforce CRM data, our participants each built a sales dashboard that tracked deals, sales performance and core KPIs in Google Sheets for the mysterious Dr. von Brunswick’s world-renowned chocolate factory.
Hear feedback on the dashboards from our esteemed judges – Google Sheets expert, Ben Collins, RevOps leader, Heidi Thompson, and spreadsheets slayer, Frank Ferris.
The winner of the challenge earned $5,000 and eternal bragging rights. Katey Adams’ sales dashboard will no doubt carry on throughout the ages.
Code of Honor
Spreadsheet Gladiator Challenge
Spreadsheet Gladiators adhere to the highest standards of competition. The following are the rules and regulations of the most creative spreadsheet contest of all time.
- Registration – Spreadsheet Gladiators can register for the contest until 9 am EST on July 11th, MMXXII (2022). Sign up for the contest on this page.
- Initiation – The contest will begin at 9 am PST on July 11th, MMXXII (2022). Participants will receive an ‘initiation’ email with instructions and links to get started.
- Getting Started – Participants will make a copy of the spreadsheet in the ‘initiation’ email. This spreadsheet contains all of the Salesforce CRM data needed for the contest. Participants will not need to provide their own Salesforce data. Knowledge of Salesforce or another CRM will be helpful, but is not required.
- Contest – Participants will have until 9 am EST on July 25th, MMXXII (2022) to create a sales dashboard in Google Sheets for Dr. von Brunswick. Only the data provided for the challenge can be used. Submissions in the final round will be judged on:
- Analysis – Depth, accuracy, and sophistication of analysis and formulae
- Design – Aesthetic and functional presentation of data and visualizations
- Creativity – Novelty of approach, innovation, and unexpectedness
- The final submission to be voted on and judged must be one dashboard that fits on one sheet (“tab”) within the Google Sheet file. Participants must position their dashboard sheet as the first sheet (ie. on the left of the sheets ‘tabs’ section on the bottom). There is no limit as to the size of the dashboard, but it should be a reasonably standard sized business dashboard. Participants may make use of hidden reference cells, formulas, tables, and pivot tables on other hidden tabs to support the dashboard functions.
- The use of Google Apps Script (GAS) or any third party add-ons is not allowed.
- Participants are encouraged to make creative use of Google Sheets functionalities including, but not limited to, Data Validations, Advanced Formulas, Conditional Formatting, People Chips, Sparklines, Charts, Pivot Tables, Filter Views, and Slicers.
- There are no specific requirements for what tables, charts, and other components to build. Participants should build what they think will make the most useful and impressive-looking summary sales dashboard for Dr. von Brunsick.
- Submission – Participants must Share public View Only access (“Anyone on the internet with this link can view”) to their Google Sheet by 9 am EST on July 25th, MMXXII (2022). Submit your Google Sheet URL with this form. No edits are allowed after this time.
- Public Vote – All submissions will be anonymized and shared with the general public for voting, from 9 am EST on July 26th, MMXXII (2022) to 9 am EST on July 29th, MMXXII (2022). Participants can share out their submissions to garner votes.
- Finalists – On July 29th, MMXXII (2022) at 5 pm the five submissions with the most votes will move into the final round. Coefficient reserves the right to disqualify any submissions that appear to have violated the rules or manipulated voting.
- Final Round – On August 3rd, MMXXII (2022) our panel of spreadsheets experts will judge the finalists on the outlined criteria and award the $5,000 prize to the winner: Ben Collins, Founder – Collins Analytics LLC (Emperor of Spreadsheets), Heidi Thompson, VP GTM Strategy & Revenue Operations at Unqork (RevOps Romulus), and Frank Ferris, Templates Program Manager at Coefficient (Spreadsheet Slayer).