Who we are
Coefficient is a VC-backed SaaS startup based in the SF Bay Area. We are a group of smart, driven, curious and collaborative people who are passionate about building a product that business users love. We are embarking on a journey to unleash the power and flexibility of spreadsheets across all of the data in company systems. Our founders are serial entrepreneurs whose last startup, Shopular, was backed by Y Combinator and Sequoia and acquired by Rakuten Ebates.
What we do
Coefficient provides a no-code solution that enables business teams to access their company data in real-time directly from their spreadsheets and make it actionable across the organization. Whether their data lives in business applications, databases, data warehouses, or business intelligence solutions, business users can easily work with this data without IT involvement.
Using Coefficient, business teams can be more effective with company data that’s connected, automated and performant in the most familiar and flexible analytics product – their spreadsheet. By meeting users where they are, companies can now reduce friction between IT and business teams to drive higher efficiency and growth.
We’re looking for a smart, analytical, curious person who enjoys the intersection of product and marketing to drive significant value for our customers. As a Growth PM, you will straddle product, marketing, sales and customer success to identify and execute on the biggest opportunities across our acquisition and retention strategies. This is a fun and challenging role that will play a key part in building an effective product-led gtm strategy through an obsessive focus on a singular goal: growth.
- Own strategy and analytics for product, marketing and sales growth
- Set up scalable systems and processes to drive growth
- Employ experiment design, analysis and coding skills to help acquire and retain customers
- Own acquisition and retention metrics for the entire funnel
- Work cross-functionally with leaders to drive results
- Build highly personalized experiences that span the entire cusotmer lifecycle
- Seek out opportunities for innovation and increased efficiencies
- BS degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field (MBA a plus)
- 7+ years of product led growth experience (B2B a plus)
- Extensive experience working with analytics, engagement and optimization tools
- Demonstrated ability to build and test a multitude of growth strategies
- ‘What can we try’ experimentation mentality
- Strategic thinker with the ability to dive deep into detail
- Highly analytical, data driven and goal-oriented
- Entrepreneurial and general flexibility in ambiguous environments
Product Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a smart, driven, curious and collaborative person who is both strategic and willing to roll up their sleeves to build an amazing company. This will be an experienced product marketer who can own product marketing strategy and execution, while also being able to wear multiple hats to build out the marketing function. This is a high impact role with the opportunity for a lot of ownership.
- Utilize knowledge of market, buyer, product, product strategy & competition to empower sales and marketing teams
- Develop positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation & go to market strategy
- Assist in the development of pricing strategies
- Identify and map personas and buyer journey’s
- Drive product & new feature launches and ensure readiness internally & externally
- Create data sheets, whitepapers, website copy, documentation, how to’s, explainer and product videos
- Work with customers to develop use cases, testimonials and case studies
- Translate technical details into benefits for the customer
- Create competitive comparison pages, vertical pages, solution pages, FAQ pages
- Own website content and optimization
- BA degree in marketing, business or related field (MBA a plus)
- 5+ years of B2B marketing experience and 3+ years in product marketing
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a market and create effective personas and buyer journey’s
- Proven ability to develop compelling sales and marketing collateral
- Working knowledge of marketing automation, analytics and campaign execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to integrate creativity
- Highly analytical, data driven and goal-oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a general ‘do what it takes’ mentality
Senior Backend Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us shape and deliver our vision. You will work alongside the founders to define product, design core backend architecture, and develop resilient, scalable systems from the ground up. You may be a good fit if:
- You have 7+ years of experience designing and building complex backend systems
- You have extensive Python experience
- You relish the challenge of designing high-throughput data pipelines to support interactive, real-time use cases
- You have used technologies such as Presto, Kafka, Spark, Airflow and HDFS to build distributed data processing systems
- You have production experience with data stores such as PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra and HBase, and data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery, ClickHouse and Snowflake
- You have experience deploying apps and services to a production cloud environment
- You are thoughtful about software development best practices and care deeply about code quality, clean abstractions and interfaces, and processes (automated and otherwise) that enable an engineering team to ship quickly without breaking things
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Since we are a remote team, good documentation and written record are critical.
- You are self-motivated, can deliver complex features with little direction, and thrive in an environment where a lot of responsibility rests with you
- You are passionate about joining as a founding engineer and building a company
- Bonus: You have worked at a startup and have managed engineering teams that ship product at startup pace
We are building a remote-only team and looking for candidates from US time zones or anywhere in India. Having worked remotely in the past is a plus.
This is a unique opportunity to join the early engineering team of a funded startup, and to shape the future of both our product and company. We are creating a new breed of data software that will make business teams orders of magnitude more productive when working with data.
If you are interested in joining us, we’d love to have a chat with you. Just send us an email with your résumé or a link to your LinkedIn profile.Apply Now